Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Monday, June 10, 2013

100% cotton crocheted Afghan 195 x 210 cm

 

For this hand crafted, beautifully, One Of A Kind Afghan i used 13 colours  (+ black and white) :

019023

This stunning afghan measures 195 x 210 cm.

018024021

The colours used : light yellow, dark yellow, orange, red, baby pink, hot pink, purple, lilac, light blue, dark blue, aqua, grey, grass green
This 100 % cotton yarn is mercerised and gassed and has a slight sheen to it.

001

I made 156 different coloured granny squares, not 1 repeats in colours.

011010007012

For those of you who are interested in the dry facts :

Every Square takes 1,5 hours from start to finish and has 12 ends to wave in.
It is made of 8 rows and 6 colours each.

It has 12 Rows of 13 squares.

It needed 23 long rows to attach the squares to each other, and 1 long row (equals 4 short rows) around the whole afghan, each of those rows took again about 45 minutes.

015

It had more then 2015 ends to wave in - why more? because sometimes the yarn run out in the middle of a row.

I used 2.8 kilo 100% cotton yarn in an array of beautiful rainbow colours.  There are more than 7000 metres of yarn and over 258 hours of work in this stunning one of a kind afghan

No comments:

Post a Comment