Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Friday, February 24, 2012

7,5 hours cutting hair

 

Just as i feared, i spent yesterday all day cutting hair.
you might ask yourself … why is she spending a whole day for this ?
The answer is … I HATE poking hair out of the seem allowance.

And here some pictures :D

First … i need to find the sewed line, which sounds easier then it is

005004

i keep working in about 3cm steps, a bit more then 1 inch

here is the picture about the really time-consuming part
the hair don’t are catched under the sewing line, and i need to poke them out.

006007

Then i need to find a line in the middle of masses of fur
I part at about the place where i suppose the line is, and then i stick a needle through, to see if i found the right one….
Then off with the hair :D

009010011012

Then i need to leave a few hair, and find the second line

013014

and the 3rd line and cut between those

015016

017

Same i do on the leg paws and at the disc spots on arms legs and body pieces.


7 - nearly 8 hours later :

019020

018

I already prepared a few pieces for todays work.

First, i need to do the little patches for the paws.
I cut little slits into the seam allowance and then i use the running stitch to hold it all in place.
These 4 little pieces for the front paws took me half an hour to do.

Now i need to do the back paw patches… and then sew all the parts into place.

022023

The next step is then to close all the darts, body and head
and sew the legs together.

021

2 comments:

  1. I know how important it is to do this step ~ it makes all the difference in the world. I find it easier if I use either Fiskars spring action microtip scissors ~ or better yet an electric razor. Well worth the investment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment laura :)
    uhm ... the razor i have, he doesnt do all to good with synthetic hair ...
    but what are this fiskars scissors ?
    i need to google them :)
    the next post shows the WHY i did it :D

    ReplyDelete